Leverage Enterprise Data for Operational Intelligence and Analytics
Fortune 50 Financial Services Institution
The Client sought insight from experienced consultants and subject matter experts to develop an information center that integrated business, technology, risk, and operational data from various systems of record across the enterprise. Reference Point focused on business requirements definition, data sourcing and quality, data mapping and integration, visual dashboard design, usability testing, and supported the development and marketing of the platform.
- The Client needed to better understand how critical processes, technology, data, and infrastructure are interrelated to more effectively respond to resiliency events or to anticipate the effects of change across the enterprise.
- Due to siloed data sources, the client lacked the ability to visualize end-to-end business processes and did not have an enterprise-wide view of the technological ecosystem, essential for understanding upstream and downstream dependencies and to perform effective impact analysis in the event of an operational incident.
- Reference Point deployed a team of subject matter experts and data analysts, with targeted expertise in analytics, information security, operational risk management, and large-scale program management, to generate business and data requirements and design the user experience for the operational intelligence platform.
- During the requirements phase, the team interviewed key stakeholders and performed an assessment of existing data sources to identify use cases for the platform as well as defined functional and non-functional requirements.
- Reference Point also performed a detailed mapping of data from the siloed sources, created sample dashboards and reports, validated designs with key stakeholders, and acted as the liaison between IT and the business during the development of the platform.
- Developed using Reference Point’s expertise and leadership, the information center platform created a robust analytics environment that provided transparency into the operational ecosystem and empowered decision makers to fully understand the impacts of change, incidents, and resiliency events across the enterprise.
- In addition, the solution provided the foundational business intelligence and the analytics environment necessary for the client to mature its data practice and perform predictive analytics in business operations.