Merger Integration Office Strategy & Management
Large US Bank & Retail Brokerage - Chief Financial Officer
Merger Integration, Transformation Management
Upon announcement of an acquisition, the Client needed a partner to design and implement an operating model for its merger integration office to ensure appropriate governance of all merger related activities. Specifically, the executive mgmt. team needed a trusted partner to help the financial institution navigate merger planning and execution prior to deal close – and to ensure the expected value of the merger was realized through preliminary planning activities. In addition to developing an operating model and communication structure, RP drove strategic planning, and day-to-day activities of the central program office as well as provided continuous program mgmt. services for multiple integration workstreams across the business and tech.
- Reference Point deployed a team of business and technology M&A experts and strategy consultants to design and implement an operating model for the merger integration office.
- The team defined roles, & responsibilities for the integration; developed interaction, communication, and governance structures; and designed reporting, tools, and templates to support ongoing activities.
- With the implementation of the operating model, Reference Point assumed responsibilities for the ongoing management or the central merger integration office, including strategic planning and execution; day-to-day activities; and PMO tools, reporting, and continuous improvement.
- Reference Point senior experts also provided strategic advisory and delivery support across all program management offices within the integration framework.
- Executive management received regular strategic advisory regarding merger progress, which incorporated lessons learned from RP expert’s prior merger integration experiences at comparable institutions.
- RP defined a program management structure which enabled the timely escalation of risks and issues across all integration workstreams with regular reporting to the executive management team.
- Using a controlled business process and program management workflow tool designed by RP, the Client was able to respond to >3,800 requests for information from the acquirer– in timely manner.
- Nearing close, the RP team partnered with the acquirer’s merger integration office to ensure successful achievement of deal close and a seamless transition from the integration framework to the new org structure.
End-to-End Services, Working Together
We approach every engagement with our client in mind—creating solutions that are tailored to fit the task at hand. Our interrelated services offerings address a wide range of client needs. Whether a company is looking to solve a problem or capitalize on an opportunity, we can help them to achieve and exceed their goals—effectively and efficiently.