Data Governance Issue Remediation & Divisional Program Roll-out
U.S Mortgage Lender
Data Management & Governance, Data Quality & Lineage
The Client recently identified an improper allocation of data management resources across the enterprise, which resulted in insufficient data governance practices around critical enterprise data. Additionally, a recent audit finding unearthed ineffective data governance which resulted in erroneous externally published research. The Client sought expertise and support from Reference Point (RP) in developing a target state operating model and implementation roadmap to orient divisions towards a proper data governance program. Specifically, RP was engaged by the Client’s Enterprise Data Office to remediate multiple data management issues as well as stand-up foundational data governance routines for select divisions.
- Reference Point deployed a team of data management experts and strategic consultants, focused on bringing right-sized data management and governance solutions.
- The team worked hand-in-hand with divisional stakeholders to build data management routines, activities, and issue remediation processes and to develop an effective data governance program in accordance with enterprise standards.
- RP conducted a deep dive into current data governance operating procedures across all processes and departments within the in-scope divisions.
- Finally, the team defined the target state operating models and tactical implementation plans for divisional leadership to build foundational Data Management programs and mitigate associated information-related risks.
- Divisional stakeholders incorporated proper data governance routines, using the target operating model and Reference Point's recommendations, and in doing so was able to evidence that the enterprise issue had been sufficiently addressed.
- Reference Point helped the client refine their methodology for collecting data to be published externally by recommending controls and routines centered around data usage, data quality, and data architecture governance.
- The Client received an inventory of critical data elements currently used across in-scope divisions, which enabled the enterprise to apply appropriate standards of care moving forward.
End-to-End Services, Working Together
We approach every engagement with our client in mind—creating solutions that are tailored to fit the task at hand. Our interrelated services offerings address a wide range of client needs. Whether a company is looking to solve a problem or capitalize on an opportunity, we can help them to achieve and exceed their goals—effectively and efficiently.